Primitives by Kathy
Magento Enterprise Customizations for B2B and B2C
Primitives by Kathy is a global leader in home products and gifts, including the famous “box sign.” With business seeing exponential growth year after year, PBK needed a website capable of selling to both retail and wholesale customers from multiple brands. They came to Shero with the challenge of developing a cutting-edge new website for one of the world’s fastest growing companies as it continues to expand in the B2B and B2C sectors.
Primitives by Kathy has a retail and wholesale online presence, along with three separate brands. This called for a multi-website and multi-store setup in Magento Enterprise, with a different child theme for each store view. The different websites include several key differences – product pricing, quantity increment restrictions, shipping and payment methods and restrictions, and coupons, to name a few.
Primitives by Kathy requires customers to be allowed to edit orders in CounterPoint after an order is placed, and then see those changes reflected in Magento Enterprise instantly. Customers need to monitor their orders and invoices to view terms agreements, backorder products, and shipments.
Over ten customer groups and dozens of customer segments each require unique configurations for pricing, website access permissions, content, shipping methods, and payment methods. Complex promotions and sales were designed to always give the customer the highest discount available to them, while never overlapping with other sales or case discounts.
Customers, products, and orders all need to sync with PBK’s CounterPoint Point of Sale, utilizing Red Rook’s Commerce5 solution. With a catalog of around 10,000 active SKU’s, PBK required extensive filtering based on hundreds of product attributes. And, with ever-increasing mobile visitors, a slick responsive design was of utmost importance.
Primitives by Kathy incorporates two websites on a single Magento Enterprise instance. Both websites also include 3 store views, each with a unique theme and branding. Customers are sent to the appropriate website automatically based on customer group. Once logged in, they cannot access the wrong website and will be redirected to the appropriate one.
An extensive customer registration process sends customers to either the retail or wholesale registration and then collects the appropriate information from them. Registered customers gain access to the appropriate website based on their customer group. After initial registration, all customer data is managed by PBK’s team within CounterPoint, but can also be updated by the customer in their personal account dashboard.
A web service tool built by Red Rook is utilized by Shero during Customer Login, Customer Create, in the Open Order Panel, Invoices Panel, and in the Reorder Functionality to ensure that any time a customer logs in or creates an account, their information is immediately synced with CounterPoint POS to ensure consistent customer data at all times. This also allows customers to review all open orders and invoices, including edits that have been made to those orders in the CounterPoint POS.
A responsive theme was built for Primitives by Kathy which includes several key customizations. An instant cart and instant wishlist allow users to scroll through the extensive catalog and add products to cart or wishlist without impacting the shopping process. Designed for use on all devices, the responsive, mobile-friendly theme also includes an expanded mega menu and complex filtering utilizing Amasty’s Improved Layered Navigation.
Dynamic content banners are utilized by PBK to display targeted messages to specific customer segments and to announce sales only to the appropriate customers. These banners can be enabled or disabled automatically at midnight using our custom module, eliminating the need for PBK to manually populate site content at midnight on sale days.
Additional B2B features include:
- Intuitive quick order form with CSV upload
- Detailed product information with UPC, case and packaging details
- Custom stock statuses for backorder products with expected ship dates
- Direct link from product page to the corresponding page in PBK’s online catalog
- Prices and other product info, such as downloadable high-res images and catalogs, available only after login
- Ability to use customer FedEx or UPS shipping numbers during checkout
- Advanced customer dashboard with B2B customer attributes such as secondary contact information, payment agreements, addresses, and tax information
- Order attributes for order notes, special shipment requests and PO numbers
- Live view of all open orders and invoices, including backorder or shipment status for each line-item
- Customer-specific sales rep information
- Re-order capabilities for entire orders and for individual items on any order or invoice
- Quantity increment restrictions for wholesale purchasing requirements
- Advanced inventory management to prevent over-ordering of backorder items based on expected inventory
- Case discounts for bulk ordering
- Exclusive web sales for select VIP customers
Custom Modules built by Shero:
- Instant Cart
- Login Redirect based on Customer Group
- Ajax Instant Cart
- Quantity Increment Restrictions
- Instant wishlist
- Customized Mega Menu
- Custom promo for percentage off the highest priced line-item
- Online catalog link from product page to corresponding link in seasonal catalog
- API Integration with CounterPoint Point of Sale
Magento Enterprise Extensions:
Extensions developed by Mirasvit, Unirgy, Amasty, IWD, Mageworx, BSScommerce, Widgento, Paradox Labs, Magestore, and Magebay were implemented to extend Magento Enterprise’s functionality and make this project a success.